Thursday, October 29, 2009
















Last Saturday Efren and I, along with some of our friends, went out to Lake Thunderbird in Norman to go horseback riding! Now, I really like horseback riding, in fact I used to be quite obsessed with it, but I'm not a huge fan of just sitting on the horse while it plods along staring at the horse butt in front of him. Usually, that's as exciting as it gets. Saturday, however, we were able to choose either beginner, intermediate, or advanced horse. Beginners are trained to stick to the trail, and let me tell you, they do stick to the trail. Intermediates will basically go where you tell them to and will trot with a slight kick in side. Advanced horses will do the same, but are a little harder to handle because they are somewhat finicky. There were 6 of us. Five of us chose intermediate and only one girl, who was a little nervous, chose beginner. There is a trail that you follow, but when you come to a clearing you are allowed to trot or go around in circles or what have you. There is no guide so you have free reign, all they ask is that you don't run the horses. My horse was named Rocky and Efren's was Mojo (or Moho as he called him with his Venezuelan accent). Efren was a little nervous at first, not that he admitted it, but I could tell. ;) But after we got on and he and Moho bonded he had a blast trotting around and taking pictures. It was such a fun day and cool to do something different. I hope we can make it an annual thing.

3 comments:

mom said...

wow, takes me back to "Runner" days when you were 5 in Wyoming! Memories! You have come a long way darlin. Sounds like a blast. Glad it was such a great time.

kara-kae james said...

at least your first horseback riding adventure with your husband didn't end with your hubby's horse face planting. consider that a success! :)

dad said...

I would have loved to smack the rear of your horse!!
Efren looked like a natural!! dad