Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Big Government. Small Brains.

So I was slightly bored and decided to do a little research. We have all heard of some of the crazy laws that have actually been passed in our states so I decided to post several of my favorites....er....most retarded from the three states in which my family resides. Enjoy.

Alaska:
*Owners of flamingos may not let their pet into barber shops.
*Moose may not be viewed from an airplane.
*It is considered an offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane.

California:
~No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour. hmmmm....
~City Council order reads: “No dog shall be in a public place without its master on a leash.
I am sure there are a few that would benefit from being on a leash...
~You are not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least two cows.
(There are many many more in Cali, but too many weird ones to choose from)

Oklahoma:
>Dogs must have a permit signed by the mayor in order to congregate in groups of three or more on private property.
>Oklahoma will not tolerate anyone taking a bite out of another’s hamburger. We are all going to jail for this one.
>Whaling is illegal. Really? Even in Lake Arcadia??
>It is illegal to have the hind legs of farm animals in your boots.

Hmm...it makes me think of the circumstances surrounding the making of these laws...

2 comments:

mom said...

are you kidding? these are legit? hmmm... wow. I am speechless!

dad said...

I don't believe these are really on the books...