Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Green Card Please?

We got a notification in the mail that they have received Efren's paperwork and they will be contacting him soon with the date, time, and location of where he has to go to get his fingerprints. The thing is, it could be anywhere. E seems to think it will be in Dallas, or possibly Chicago. I just hope I'm off work. He also looked online, cause apparently you can check the average time it has taken for other green cards to be issued, leave it to my extremely thorough husband to figure that one out. Anyway, more than one million applications have been received in Oklahoma this year. It takes an average of 3 months to get an authorization to work permit and a little over a year to get the status changed. Wow. And, while this is in process he can't leave the country because that would be abandonment. Uh huh.

So that's where we are...I know He will work it out. I'm not worried. But a million applications and at least a years wait was kind of a shock. We'll see what happens!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I worked with a guy that had been waiting over 2 years to get his since he'd married an american. it's crazy how long it can take!! I'm so sorry :(

Anonymous said...

Well, sounds like a fun process! If we are still here and he has to come down here, you can stay with us! PS - the new blog page looks great!